I decided to start an adventure after to read an article at http://www.homestratosphere.com, that I share below. I always wondered how the TV shows of Home Design created those amazing images of the spaces. Those images allow you to see the Designer ideas as a preview. As part of my Interior Decorating program at Humber, I had the opportunity to use AutoCAD, Sketch-up and its extensions (Maxwell and Visualizer), HomebyMe and OlioBoard to create 3D models of interiors.
Now I know it requires several hours of creative work and patience to apply your interior design knowledge. That is why, I will use every one of the 18 softwares mentioned in the article. One per a month starting on May. It will take me more than a year, but I will be able to tell the pros and cons that I experience. I have used Lowe´s and IKEA ones as well, but not in deep. So I promise to look for some others to complete the list of 18.
Follow me in this adventure of self-education!
18 Best Online Home Interior Design Software Programs (Free & Paid)
- Home Stratosphere’s Interior Design Software (Free)
- Planner 5D (Free)
- Home Hardware Design Centre
- Space Designer (Free)
- HomeStyler (Free)
- HomeByMe (Free)
- Small Blue Printer (Free)
- Olympic Paint Color Visualizer (Free)
- My Deco 3D Room Planner (Free)
- Lowe’s Virtual Room Designer (Free)
- SmartDraw Interior Design Software (Paid, but offers free demo)
- Chief Architect (Paid)
- Cylindo (Paid, but offers free demo)
- Decolabs (Free app for iPad)
- IKEA Home Planning and Room Planner Software Tools (Free)
- FloorPlanner (Free and Paid)
- HGTV Design Software (Paid)
- Punch Software (Paid)